Many people wonder how they would spend bill gates money – if they were the American billionaire. Bill gates is an investor, software developer and businessman. He is the second richest person on the planet, after Jeff Bezos.
You would need to figure out how to spend over $100bn if you were to spend Bill Gates money. This is definitely not an easy task. This question has led to the creation of several websites and apps where visitors try to spend billions of dollars.
One of these spend Bill Gates money game websites lets you do virtual purchases of common items, such as smartphones, food, shoes and handbags. But you can add some very expensive goods to your cart as well: beach house, yacht, F16 fighter jet, a cruise ship and even a whole football team. This is against a budget of $90bn.
How to Spend Bill Gates Money
Bill Gates, like many wealthy people, lives a relatively frugal life. The billionaire Microsoft founder and leading philanthropist wears a $10 watch. Maybe he does it because simple watches are actually better at keeping time than the luxury ones.
Here are a five suggestions on how to spend Bill Gates money and still have mountains of cash left.
- Buy an Island: There are personal islands across the globe than an extremely wealthy person can buy. The most expensive island, Lanai, is located in Hawaii, in the U.S. This Pacific Ocean island costs more than $500 million.
- Spend a lot of money on paintings: Salvator Mundi is a painting of Christ. It is the most expensive painting ever sold. This Leonardo da Vinci painting was sold for $450.3 million in 2017. Most of the world’s most expensive paintings are considered priceless and are to be found only in museums. But you can imagine filling your walls with exquisite artworks by Van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci and Picasso if you had the chance to spend Bill Gates money.
- Buy expensive cars: these include the new Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg CCXR and Bugatti models. They might be fun to look at (and show off) – but you would most likely end up not driving most of them.
- Buy a Yacht: I bet you don’t know that there’s a yacht that is worth $4.8 billion. Why is it so damn expensive? Because it is covered with 100,000 kg of gold and platinum. It is called the History Supreme and was built in 3 years. You could buy several expensive yachts and spend years exploring the oceans and seas.
- Buy crates of the most expensive liquor – even the super wealthy need a drink every now and then! One of the most expensive liquors in the world is the Macallan 60 year old Single Malt Whisky that was sold for $1.9 million at a recent auction.
But Can you Spend all of the Money?
Other very expensive things a billionaire can spend their money on include precious stones, shoes, watches, perfumes and even non-shedding dogs. These are some ideas of how to spend Bill Gates Money and still be left with a lot of money. But it is interesting to note that the real Bill Gates is one of the most generous philanthropists who spends a lot of his wealth to solve global challenges mostly faced by the developing world, most notably the development of vaccines against many infectious diseases.