You do NOT need to have an Equity Bank account to withdraw from Mpesa through an Equity Bank ATM. Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal is easy and Equity Bank ATM’s are easily accessible: wherever there is a sizable market in Kenya (and in East Africa), just look around and you will likely see an Equity Bank branch.
Unlike Mpesa agents who are mostly unavailable at night, Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal service is available for 24 hrs, the ATM will give you a nice transaction statement/ receipt.
Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal adds an extra layer of security by requiring an ATM Authorization code (in addition to your M-PESA PIN). Here are the Safaricom Mpesa charges for ATM withdrawals.
The maximum amount of money you can withdraw from Mpesa through ANY ATM is Ksh 20,000. The minimum is Ksh 200. There are no extra charges when you withdraw from Mpesa through an ATM. (For Mpesa to Equity transfers, read how to use the Equity Bank Mpesa paybill number).
Equity Mpesa ATM Withdrawal: How to withdraw money from MPESA via an Equity Bank ATM
To withdraw money from MPESA via an Equity Bank ATM, you obviously need to get to an Equity Bank ATM, then use your mobile phone to do the following:
- Go to M-PESA menu
- Select Withdraw Cash
- Select From ATM
- The Equity ATM Agent Number for Mpesa is 286286
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- You will receive an SMS from MPESA which has a 6 digit code that expires after 10 minutes (If it expires, repeat the procedure).
- Then on the Equity Bank ATM, Press the M-PESA button and select your preferred language.
- Enter the 6-digit ATM Authorization Code (from the MPESA SMS) on the ATM keyboard.
- Enter your Safaricom mobile number.
- Enter the amount to withdraw, then press CONTINUE.
- That’s it! You have completed the Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal. The Equity Bank ATM will give you the cash, issue you with a receipt and you will also receive an SMS from M-PESA confirming the transaction.
In addition to PesaPoint ATM’s, the following banks support Mpesa ATM withdrawals:
- Equity Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank
- Family Bank
- NIC Bank
- Equity Bank ATM Mpesa Agent Number is 286286.
- The agent number for PesaPoint, Diamond Trust Bank, KCB, Family Bank and NIC Bank ATMs is 555555.
- You do not need an ATM card to do an Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal (or at any other ATM).
- There are no extra charges, only the normal M-PESA ATM withdrawal rates.
- The minimum you can withdraw through the Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal service is Ksh 200, maximum is Ksh 20,000.
After completing the Equity Mpesa ATM withdrawal service, you will receive an Mpesa transaction SMS.