Use the following Safaricom Mpesa charges calculator to calculate charges and Mpesa rates that are charged by Safaricom when sending and withdrawing cash using Mpesa. SportPesa fans and those chasing the Mcheza jackpot use mobile money transfer service to top-up their accounts, and to withdraw when they win bets.
To pay utility bills such as KPLC bill, GOTV bill, StarTimes and DSTV, use Lipa na Mpesa (Here is how to find Lipa na Mpesa charges for any Mpesa PayBill Number). Mpesa charges depend on the amount you are sending, whether the receiver is a registered Mpesa user and the type of transaction – at an ATM or through an Mpesa Agent.
The Safaricom Mpesa charges calculator needs only the amount, it will calculate the various Mpesa charges. You can send Mpesa money directly to another registered Mpesa user from your phone. However, you can only withdraw Mpesa cash from an Mpesa agent or via an ATM. Deposits to your own Mpesa wallet are free.
You will notice from the Mpesa charges calculator that it costs more to send money to an unregistered Mpesa user. Why? To prevent money laundering through mobile payment networks such as Mpesa and Equitel. The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) has set a policy that is known as Know Your Customer (KYC)/Anti Money Laundering (AML). This CBK rule limits transfers to NOT MORE than KES 35,000 to any non-registered subscriber in any mobile network.
Mpesa Charges Calculator – M-PESA Transaction Charges
- All Deposits: FREE
- M-PESA Registration: FREE
- Buying Airtime through M-PESA: FREE
- M-PESA Balance Enquiry: 1 KSh
- Change M-PESA PIN: 22 KSh
- Maximum Account Balance allowed is KSh 100,000.
- Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KSh 140,000. Maximum per transaction is Ksh 70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than KSh 50 at an M-PESA agent outlet.
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account.
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID, Diplomatic ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate.
How the Mpesa Charges Calculator works
The Mpesa charges calculator takes the amount you enter to calculate various Mpesa charges for sending money and withdrawing money.
Enter the amount in Kenyan Shillings. The various Mpesa charges are calculated automatically by the Mpesa charges Calculator.
Notice that you can not withdraw less than 50 KSh at an agent. When sending money remember to factor in the charges. For example, to send 50 bob to another Mpesa user, you need at least 53 Ksh in your Mpesa account to cover the 3 shillings charged.
The Safaricom MPESA charges calculator uses the latest Safaricom Mpesa rates and tariffs. These rates came into effect on Thursday, 21st August, 2014. Read more about Safaricom, Mpesa and Mpesa rates at the official Safaricom page. The M-PESA customer care number is 234.