Here are the Safaricom Mpesa rates of 2021. These new Mpesa rates were released in August 2014. These are the new Mpesa rates after the government increased tax on mobile money transfers by 2% on July 1st 2018. The fees include Mpesa withdrawal rates for ATM and Agent withdrawals.
Mpesa transaction rates vary according to the amount of money to send or withdraw, and according to the mode of transfer. Sending money to unregistered users attracts more Mpesa fees.
Safaricom Kenya has flexible M-pesa tariffs and fees: some services attract no charge. The network’s users recharge their SIM cards at their convenience, even while in bed, at zero rates! There are no charges when you buy airtime for another Safaricom line using your Mpesa wallet. You only pay for the airtime purchased.
All Mpesa deposits are free. The maximum you can send is Ksh 150,000 per transaction and Ksh 300,000 per day. Use the Mpesa charges calculator to get actual Safaricom Mpesa rates for any amount within the allowed limits. Below is the Safaricom Mpesa charges table:
Safaricom Mpesa Charges for Agent and Mpesa to Mpesa
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Withdraw From M-PESA Agent||Transfer to other M-PESA Users, Pochi La Biashara and Business Till To customer|
Mpesa Rates for Unregistered and other Mobile Money Network Users
The following are the Mpesa tariffs for sending money from M-Pesa to unregistered numbers and other mobile money network users.
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Transfer to other Mobile Money Users||Transfer to Unregistered Users|
Safaricom Mpesa Withdrawal Charges for ATM
|Mpesa Transaction Range (Ksh)|
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Mpesa Charges|
- Maximum Account Balance allowed is Ksh 300,000.
- The maximum Daily Transaction Value is Ksh 300,000. Maximum per transaction is Ksh 150,000
- You cannot withdraw less than Ksh 50 at an M-PESA agent outlet.
- To initiate M-PESA person to person self reversal, send the transaction confirmation message to 456
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account.
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport.
These are the latest Safaricom Mpesa Rates, charges and tariffs for 2018.